1/1 Photo of Dan's Prize Winning Chili
4 hrs 30 mins
This is the recipe that won the chili cook off for Dan in 2010. Our family likes it so much that we fix a pot about once a month year round. It's just one of those foods that we get a real strong hankering for ... from the kitchen of Dan Court, Bridgeton MO.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet, brown hamburger; stir while cooking to break up into small loose pieces. Add salt. Drain grease off and set meat aside.
- 2Using an 8 quart stock pot, combine tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans and onion flakes.
- 3Add half the chili powder and stir well; simmer for about 15 minutes; add drained hamburger; taste to determine if you want more chili powder. Continue to add chili powder, simmer and taste until you have obtained the desired level of spiciness.
- 4This chili will have a thick consistency.
- 5Continue to cook on a slow simmer for about 4 hours.
- 6You can use a 6 quart Crock Pot, but it will be full to the brim!
- 7Serve with oyster crackers, chopped onion, grated cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dan's Prize Winning Chili
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.7
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 67.6 mg
- Sodium 1095.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 29.3 g