These are very good Tex-Mex burritos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 8 -10 serrano peppers, roasted de-veined and chopped
- 2 lbs chorizo sausages, remove casings
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb queso fresco
- 30 -40 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 1Pre-heat skillet over medium low heat.
- 2Add the oil, onion garlic and peppers sweat them until translucent.
- 3Add the chorizo allow to cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add the tomatoes, black beans and cilantro.
- 5Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until desired thickness.
- 6Add the cheese and mix thoroughly.
- 7Heat the tortillas a couple at a time for easy rolling.
- 8Put 1 1/2 tbsp of your mixture per shell and roll like a burrito.
- 9If you like your burritos hotter or milder, you can use any pepper you want, but they need to roasted to remove the skins.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dan's Mini Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1657.4
- Calories from Fat 943
- Total Fat 104.8 g
- Saturated Fat 37.3 g
- Cholesterol 211.2 mg
- Sodium 3688.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 78.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: