Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are very good Tex-Mex burritos.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 8 -10 serrano peppers, roasted de-veined and chopped
- 2 lbs chorizo sausages, remove casings
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb queso fresco
- 30 -40 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- Pre-heat skillet over medium low heat.
- Add the oil, onion garlic and peppers sweat them until translucent.
- Add the chorizo allow to cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, black beans and cilantro.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until desired thickness.
- Add the cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Heat the tortillas a couple at a time for easy rolling.
- Put 1 1/2 tbsp of your mixture per shell and roll like a burrito.
- If you like your burritos hotter or milder, you can use any pepper you want, but they need to roasted to remove the skins.