Recipe by Chef Dizzy D
Lemon flavored chicken with with a hint of onion and garlic. Mmmm!!!
Top Review by Ilysse
Very good. I changed it to 6 servings. I left out the butter as I am on a diet. DH doesn't like rosemary so I used thyme. Used fresh garlic no garlic salt. Not sure how to crush an onion so I sliced one thin and placed it just on the bottom of the packet. I also baked in a 375F oven for about 1hour, no flipping. It was very good and I am sure I'll make it again. I served with fresh steamed green beans and Creamy Potato Salad With Lemon and Fresh Herbs Recipe #235089 It was a very good meal although next time I think I'll serve it over some sort of pasta or grain and used the juice for flavoring. Thanks for posting.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄8 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and add the olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic salt, salt & pepper.
- Take chicken breasts & marinate in mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator.
- Preheat BBQ.
- Leave chicken at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Place each piece of chicken on separate piece of aluminum foil.
- Cut lemon into 8 slices.
- Place 2 lemon slices, 1/4 of the onions and 1/4 of the garlic under each chicken breast and then place 2 lemon slices, 1/4 of the onions and 1/4 of the garlic on top of each chicken breast.
- Wrap the foil securely around each piece of chicken.
- Place foiled chicken on grill and BBQ on hot coals for 8 minutes. Flip over and BBQ the other side for 8 minutes.
- Ready to serve.