1/2 Photos of Dan's Jambalaya
1 hr 45 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
My son, Dan, made this recipe for a social I was having with my cooking and recipes group at my house, and everyone loved it... Some said it was the best they had ever had... I had some, and couldn't leave it alone... It really is incredibly delicious! Try it and see for yourself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup oil
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb andouille sausages or 1 lb chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices, I use Chorizo
- 1 tablespoon tony's creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced Rotel Tomatoes, with chili's such as Ro-Tel
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb fresh shrimp, cleaned and shells off
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion tops, chopped
- 2 cups rice, cooked in
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1Cook the rice using the chicken stock as the liquid following directions on bag or box. Set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a lg., thick pot on med-high heat.
- 3Add chicken thighs, brown on all sides and cook about 10-15 minutes.
- 4Add sausage, half the Tony's seasoning, and salt. Cover, lower heat, and cook until chicken is well-done, about 15 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken and sausage, and drain all except 1/3 of the drippings from the pot.
- 6Add onions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic, and saute until tender.
- 7Stir in tomato with chili's, tomato sauce, the rest of the Tony's seasoning, and salt, and return chicken (de-boned), and sausage to the pot. Cover, and simmer about 10 minutes.
- 8Add shrimp, parsley, and green onion tops, cooking an additional 5 mins., covered.
- 9Fold in cooked rice, and simmer about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dan's Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.6
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 2296.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 30.4 g