My son, Dan, made this recipe for a social I was having with my cooking and recipes group at my house, and everyone loved it... Some said it was the best they had ever had... I had some, and couldn't leave it alone... It really is incredibly delicious! Try it and see for yourself!
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb andouille sausages or 1 lb chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices, I use Chorizo
- 1 tablespoon tony's creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced Rotel Tomatoes, with chili's such as Ro-Tel
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb fresh shrimp, cleaned and shells off
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion tops, chopped
- 2 cups rice, cooked in
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Cook the rice using the chicken stock as the liquid following directions on bag or box. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a lg., thick pot on med-high heat.
- Add chicken thighs, brown on all sides and cook about 10-15 minutes.
- Add sausage, half the Tony's seasoning, and salt. Cover, lower heat, and cook until chicken is well-done, about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and sausage, and drain all except 1/3 of the drippings from the pot.
- Add onions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic, and saute until tender.
- Stir in tomato with chili's, tomato sauce, the rest of the Tony's seasoning, and salt, and return chicken (de-boned), and sausage to the pot. Cover, and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp, parsley, and green onion tops, cooking an additional 5 mins., covered.
- Fold in cooked rice, and simmer about 10 minutes.