Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh salsa that puts the bottled versions to shame. The fresher the ingredients the better the Salsa. The heat can be adjusted to taste by adding or subtracting peppers.
- 6 -8 medium tomatoes, blanched, peeled and diced
- 2 jalapenos, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (depending on your personal taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl with a tight fitting cover.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Nice flavour exposion! Fresh without all that sodium feedback you get from the jar versions. You'll never buy store bought again after you've tried this!
This salsa was good, but more like pico de gallo rather than salsa. Part of that problem might have been my tomatoes. With all the rain we in Texas had this year my tomatoes were very watery and not full of flavor like normal. We will try this again with a few modifications.