Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- honey-roasted ham or smoked ham, with bone in
- 1 whole clove
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- I swore I'd never share this recipe, but here goes.
- Make slices on the whole ham 1/4" deep.
- Insert whole cloves 1 inch apart on whole ham.
- Mix all above ingredients (except for cloves) in a pot and heat on stove on low till sauce is warm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham in a large roasting pan.
- Pour most of sauce on ham (save about 1/4 cup).
- Place ham in oven with foil loosely on top.
- Baste with the sauce in roasting pan every 45 minutes (5-7 lb. Ham takes about 2 hours to cook).
- Slice ham.
- When ham is sliced brush on the saved 1/4 cup sauce (don't use the roasing pan sauce. It's too greasy).
- Serve immediately.
- The only problem with this recipe is that you will be asked to make it for every family function.