Recipe by T3 Foxen
In my many years in the kitchen, I stumbled upon this recipe in my experimentations with cooking for clients who wanted something "different." The most important part of this recipe is the marinade. Once marinated, the chicken can be broiled, grilled, fried, or cooked any other way, depending on your dietary wishes/requirements. Best served with "Party Rice" (which I will post a recipe for later ;-)), this dish also goes well with baked potatoes or Penne tossed in garlic and olive oil.
Top Review by elopez173
I have to say I was a little hesitant at first since the ingredients seemed a bit much and I was afraid it would be too spicy. It was DELICIOUS and had just the right amount of kick. Even my boyfriend liked it and he doesn't like too much spice either. This is a great recipe and it will be made again.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste... This one is pretty zesty!)
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1 (12 ounce) can Sprite
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons red peppers, Finely Diced
- 4 tablespoons yellow peppers, Finely Diced
- 1 cup tequila (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- As I said before, this can be cooked any way you would like. Still, I prefer to grill these over charcoals.
- Assemble all ingredients, and dump the chicken inches Let meld for at least 3 hours (although overnight is best).
- Cook completely
- Cover with the finely diced peppers (for color),
- And enjoy!
- This is the first recipe I have ever posted online, so please be kind. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!