Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This delicious rice dish, created by my son, goes great with many Asian inspired dishes. I especially like it with my recipe for Linda's Asian Salmon. You can cut the recipe in half for 2 people without any problems. I have made this for 2 people and use 1 tsp. chili paste. It is spicy, but not "Real Hot". This rice has lots of flavor! I served with Sweet Soy Sauce Drizzled over the top of the rice as shown in my picture. Preparation time DOES NOT include time to cook rice.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
This is a really tasty recipe. I cooked up an Asian ground turkey and cabbage recipe and added it to the rice mixture at the end for added protein.I also added a minced jalapeno to the mix. Loved it! Thanks for posting the recipe, I'll be making it again.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oblek chili paste (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 4 cups brown basmati rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (Kecap Manis ABC brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice or use left overs. Set aside.
- In a wok, over medium-high heat add olive oil. Let the wok get hot, then add in the celery and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes stirring.
- Add onions. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and chili paste, and cook for 1 minute, stirring as you cook.
- Turn heat down to medium, then add in the rice. Mix rice in well with vegetables.
- Add soy sauces, and mix well. Let rice get nice and hot before serving.