1/1 Photo of Dan's Asian Rice
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This delicious rice dish, created by my son, goes great with many Asian inspired dishes. I especially like it with my recipe for Linda's Asian Salmon. You can cut the recipe in half for 2 people without any problems. I have made this for 2 people and use 1 tsp. chili paste. It is spicy, but not "Real Hot". This rice has lots of flavor! I served with Sweet Soy Sauce Drizzled over the top of the rice as shown in my picture. Preparation time DOES NOT include time to cook rice.
My Private Note
1 c. se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon sambal oblek chili paste (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 4 cups brown basmati rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (Kecap Manis ABC brand)
- 1Cook rice or use left overs. Set aside.
- 2In a wok, over medium-high heat add olive oil. Let the wok get hot, then add in the celery and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes stirring.
- 3Add onions. Cook 2 minutes.
- 4Add garlic and chili paste, and cook for 1 minute, stirring as you cook.
- 5Turn heat down to medium, then add in the rice. Mix rice in well with vegetables.
- 6Add soy sauces, and mix well. Let rice get nice and hot before serving.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dan's Asian Rice
Serving Size: 1 (1549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 809.5
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 608.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet soy sauce