Recipe by Marsha D.
This is a appetizer my husband made for all of us at the lake. I gave it my extra special touch though :) We used foil over top of the grill and placed the stuffed mushrooms on top of a aluminum baking pan and grilled at a low temperature for about a hour. It may vary on other grills. Friends have already requested these for our annual Christmas party.
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesof large portabella mushrooms
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups kraft pizza mozzarella-cheddar blend cheese, shredded
- 2 (3 7/8 ounce) canssliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size frying pan, brown Italian sausage til no longer pink. Drain well.
- Add sausage back into frying pan and add all the seasonings. Mix well.
- Prepare the large mushrooms by scooping out the stem and the insides and reserve.
- Take half of the scooped out mushrooms and finely chop.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add sausage, reserved mushrooms, 1 1/2 cup of cheese and black olives; mix well.
- Preheat grill and line with a small piece of foil.
- Place mushroom shells on a aluminum baking pan and stuff mushrooms with sausage mixture.
- Top with rest of cheese.
- Place baking pan on foil on the grill.
- Grill on a low temperature for 1 hour.