1/1 Photo of Danny's Grilled Cheesy Mushroom Poppers
1 hr 20 mins
Marsha D.'s Note:
This is a appetizer my husband made for all of us at the lake. I gave it my extra special touch though :) We used foil over top of the grill and placed the stuffed mushrooms on top of a aluminum baking pan and grilled at a low temperature for about a hour. It may vary on other grills. Friends have already requested these for our annual Christmas party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of large portabella mushrooms
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups kraft pizza mozzarella-cheddar blend cheese, shredded
- 2 (3 7/8 ounce) cans sliced black olives
- 1In a medium size frying pan, brown Italian sausage til no longer pink. Drain well.
- 2Add sausage back into frying pan and add all the seasonings. Mix well.
- 3Prepare the large mushrooms by scooping out the stem and the insides and reserve.
- 4Take half of the scooped out mushrooms and finely chop.
- 5In a medium size mixing bowl add sausage, reserved mushrooms, 1 1/2 cup of cheese and black olives; mix well.
- 6Preheat grill and line with a small piece of foil.
- 7Place mushroom shells on a aluminum baking pan and stuff mushrooms with sausage mixture.
- 8Top with rest of cheese.
- 9Place baking pan on foil on the grill.
- 10Grill on a low temperature for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danny's Grilled Cheesy Mushroom Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.5
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 102.1 mg
- Sodium 2093.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: