Recipe by Bev
This one is for you Danny! Your favorite dinner with tossed green salad and garlic butter Italian bread!
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This was excellent. The taste was rich, creamy, and well balanced. I had a box of very special regional pasta from Italy that I had gotten for the holidays and I wanted a really special sauce to serve over it. This was perfect! A great special occasion type of sauce.
- 12 ounces dried egg fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus additional for sprinkling (4 oz)
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettuccine in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water* until al dente.
- Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander.
- Melt 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) butter in a 2- to 3-quart flameproof gratin dish over low heat.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to coat, lifting strands.
- Add cheese, reserved cooking water, cream, remaining 3 tablespoons butter (thinly sliced), salt, and pepper and toss to combine well.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and serve immediately.
- *When salting water for cooking, use 1 tablespoon salt for every 4 quarts of water.