Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This comes from the good folks at Dannon.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 cup dannon low-fat plain yogurt or 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green chili, well drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento, well drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Wash potatoes well.
- Drain and pierce several times with a fork.
- Bake at 400F for about 1 hr till soft.
- Reduce temperature to 375°F.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; carefully scoop out potatoe pulp and place in bowl leaving 1/2" pulp to keep potato skin intact.
- Set potato skins aside.
- Add yogurt and pepper to potato pulp; mash till light and fluffy.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, chilies, pimiento and cilantro into the potato mixture; stuff potato skins with mixture.
- Place stuffed potato skins on ungreased sheet; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 375F for 10 minutes till cheese melts and is bubbly.
- Peel avocado and remove pit.
- Mash in bowl with lime juice till smooth.
- Spoon onto hot baked potatoes and serve.
Made these last nite as a side for several hungry male students. Followed to the letter minus the cilantro. They were nice but did need some salt. It did not get a five star only because it did not go over too well with the guys.