Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a Dannon Lowfat Vanilla Yogurt lid.
Make and share this Dannon's Sweet Yogurt Cornmeal Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, and
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup yogurt, egg, and oil. Mix until just blended.
- Pour into prepared pan (9-inch round pan, lightly greased) and bake 25-30 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Cool cake slightly before cutting.
- Meanwhile, combine berries, 2 tbsp sugar, and juice. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve sliced cake with 1/4 cup sweetened berries and a dollop of yogurt per slice.