Recipe by Renegade Chef
From a Dannon yogurt container.
Top Review by Katzen
Wow, these are absolutely delicious! They puffed up beautifully - I must remember next time to separate my wedges more, as they puffed up and joined back together again! No matter, they were still absolutely beautiful! Even my parrots were begging for more! These are definately one of my PAC Fall favourites! Made for PAC Fall 2009 - you were adopted!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup blueberries or 1 cup raspberries
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Ina bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add butter and, using a blender, work it into the flour mixture until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Stir in berries.
- In a separate bowl combine egg and yogurt and mix until blended.
- Stir into flour mixture and mix until just blended (dough will be soft).
- Turn onto a floured board and knead lightly 3-4 times. Pat dough into a circle about 1/2 inch thick. Cut dough into 12 wedges and place on an ungreased pan. Sprinkle scones with sugar.
- Bake scones 12-14 minutes or until golden.