Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Using yogurt instead of butter or oil, these are low fat and lovely!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup dannon low-fat plain yogurt or 2⁄3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries or 1⁄2 cup grated apple
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Gently stir in yogurt and milk, blending just until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill lightly greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 for approximately 18 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve warm.
Not the prettiest muffins I ever made as the middles all fell. And 1/2 cup of blueberries seems way too low for us as many of the muffins only had a very few blueberries in them. That said, they have a lovely taste with almost no fat. Plenty sweet, I'd make these again but add more fruit! Oh, I used a white/wheat blend that worked just fine.
These are very good! The first time I made them, I made some changes, like using whole wheat flour instead of white, and they turned out a little chewy. The second time I made them, I followed the recipe exactly, and they were yummy! Thanks!
I thought these were absolute great, everyone that had one loved them!