Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
Found on a Dannon yogurt container. A healthier alternative to dips with mayo.
- 1 cup drained plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 14 ounces water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄16 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Note: To drain yogurt, take 2 cups plain yogurt and place in a paper towel lined strainer or coffee filter and let drain 1 hour (for 1 cup).
- In a bowl combine drained yogurt, Parmesan cheese, artichokes, parsley, and pepper.
- Mix well, adding salt if necessary.
- Serve with flat breads, crackers, or veggies.
Fantastic and healthy stuff! Great as a dip and, with some tasty crackers, nutritious enough to eat for lunch. So much better than the original version containing high fat ingredients like mayo. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2007.