Recipe by gorillawarfare
Awesome slow-cooked pulled pork from a Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/slowcooking/comments/1i338n/bacon_pork_spare_ribs_dank_pulled_pork_recipe_in/
- 59.16 ml smoked paprika
- 29.58 ml sea salt
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml oregano
- 14.79 ml white pepper
- 29.58 ml cayenne
- 1360.77 g boneless pork ribs or 1360.77 g pork shoulder or 1360.77 g pork butt
- 6 slice bacon
- 1 white onion
- 118.29 ml water
- 510.29 g barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all of the dry rub ingredients in a bowl, then pat them onto the pork.
- Wrap the pork tightly in plastic, and refrigerate overnight.
- Coarsely chop the onion and use it to line the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Wrap the pork loosely in bacon, and lay it on top of the onions.
- Turn the slow cooker to low and cook for eight hours.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker.
- Pour the remaining liquid and onions through a colander, keeping the liquid.
- Add the onions to the pork, and add some of the juices. Add more or less depending on how juicy you like your pulled pork—I added about a cup and a half.
- Return the pork and onions to the slow cooker, and shred the pork.
- Add a bottle of BBQ sauce (more or less to taste).
- Turn the slow cooker to high, and cook the pork for another hour, stirring every twenty minutes.