1/1 Photo of Dank Pulled Pork
1 hr 38 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Awesome slow-cooked pulled pork from a Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/slowcooking/comments/1i338n/bacon_pork_spare_ribs_dank_pulled_pork_recipe_in/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cayenne
- 3 lbs boneless pork ribs or 3 lbs pork shoulder or 3 lbs pork butt
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 white onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce
- 1Mix together all of the dry rub ingredients in a bowl, then pat them onto the pork.
- 2Wrap the pork tightly in plastic, and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Coarsely chop the onion and use it to line the bottom of the slow cooker.
- 4Add 1/2 cup water.
- 5Wrap the pork loosely in bacon, and lay it on top of the onions.
- 6Turn the slow cooker to low and cook for eight hours.
- 7Remove the pork from the slow cooker.
- 8Pour the remaining liquid and onions through a colander, keeping the liquid.
- 9Add the onions to the pork, and add some of the juices. Add more or less depending on how juicy you like your pulled pork—I added about a cup and a half.
- 10Return the pork and onions to the slow cooker, and shred the pork.
- 11Add a bottle of BBQ sauce (more or less to taste).
- 12Turn the slow cooker to high, and cook the pork for another hour, stirring every twenty minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dank Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 2435.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g