Recipe by AB_Fan
I haven't tried this yet; from the cookbook Aeblskivers and More - A Sampling of Danish Recipes by Lisa Steen Riggs.
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 4 cups flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon rind, grated
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons firm butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Scald milk; cool to lukewarm.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the cooled milk over the yeast and let stand.
- Beat remaining milk into 2-1/4 cups flour.
- Stir in the yeast mixture; let rise until dough springs back to touch,
- then mix in melted butter, sugar, lemon rind, and beaten eggs.
- Stir in the remaining flour.
- Spread dough about 1 inch thick on two greased baking sheets and let rise again.
- When well risen, sprinkle with cinnamon and almonds; dot with firm butter.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes; lower heat to 375 degrees and bake until brown, about 12-15 minutes.