Recipe by tornadoes three
Beautiful dish. Savory and tender. Good recipe for a Sunday Dinner. Adapted from Scandinavian website.
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin, about 1 lb. each
- 2 large apples, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 12 prunes, pitted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup beef bouillon
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Split tenderloins the long way, cutting 2/3 of way through.
- Open flat and pound to an even thickness.
- Place apples on meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay 6 prunes across the short end of each tenderloin and roll like a jelly roll.
- Tie securely, then brown on all sides in butter.
- Add bouillon and heavy cream.
- Cover and bake at 375*F for 1 hour.
- Add water if necessary.
- Remove meat to a hot platter, skim fat from sauce, skim the pan so that none of the delicious brownings will be lost.
- Whirl smooth in blender or press through a fine sieve.
- Reheat and pour over meat.