Recipe by Scandigirl
At this time of the year (spring) we often have a bit of frozen strawberries from last years harvest. I have made this little dessert many times. You can use rum or orange liquer if you like instead of Madeira.
- 8 large macaroons
- 4 tablespoons madeira wine (or about)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the macaroons and place in a glass bowl.
- Sprinkle the Madeira (rum or orange liquer) over the macaroons.
- Set aside 2-3 whole strawberries for decoration.
- Mash the thawed strawberries lightly with a fork and divide over the macaroons.
- Taste with a bit of sugar if desired.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Whip the whipping cream.
- Combine carefully the egg mass and whipped cream.
- Divide over the dessert and decorate with the whole strawberries.