Recipe by AB_Fan
From Aebleskiver and More - A Sampling of Danish Recipes by Lisa Steen Riggs.
Top Review by LilKiwiChicken
I made this the other night for dinner, it had a lovely flavour and was very easy. I wasn't sure if you meant ground ginger or fresh, I used about 1t pulped fresh as I didn't have ground. There is a lot of water ffor the gravy, it took ages to cook down and I think this is what made the gravy slightly watery & not as flavoursome as it could have been. Next time I will add a little more jelly & a little less water. Thanks AB Fan (hope that stands for All Blacks by the way!)
- 4 -5 lbs pork loin
- 16 prunes, halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup prune juice
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon red currant jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut deep slits in pork loin and insert prune halves.
- Rub with the salt, pepper, and ginger.
- Roast uncovered in a 325° oven for about 1.5 hours.
- When done, remove from roasting pan.
- Heat pan drippings; stir in the flour, then add the prune juice and water.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook until thickened.
- Stir in the jelly and serve the gravy over the sliced pork.