Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
We had this roast every Christmas eve (after the Danish Christmas Rice Porridge) and always served with Red Cabbage & Apples. However, if we had apples in the cabbage, Mum omitted them with the pork. Serve with dark sweet mustard.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Score your crackling.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Place roast on a rack in roasting pan.
- Cook your prunes until tender (cover with water and simmer until tender).
- 45 minutes before the roast is done, place apples around the roast.
- 30 minutes before roast is done, put prunes around the roast.
- Roast until inner temp reach 170°F (allow 30- 35 minutes per pound).
- Remove roast from oven and cut off the crackling.
- Cover roast, prunes and apples and keep warm.
- Return crackling to hot oven in a metal pan. (Raise temp to about 375°F or broil, but if you broil watch closely).
- Spray with cold water again if it hasn't completely crackled.
- Spray crackling with cold water, takes about 10 minutes.