Recipe by diner524
A recipe I found on Christian's Danish Recipes, which has 600 Danish recipes. This sounds very similar to what I do with roast beef. If you don't have black peppercorns, can sub ground black pepper. Posting for ZWT6. I know different cuts of meat are called different things in different countries
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Well this was interesting as I have never made a recipe like this. I cooked my 3 1/2 pound roast for 2 hours and it was way overcooked and a little on the dry side. Most of my juices leaked out into my dutch oven and caramelized. I missed the onions I usually cook with my roast as well as additional veggies, but we enjoyed it and the juices I did have left were very good. Served with recipe #425645 on the side for a nice change. Made for ZWT #6 :)
- 4 lbs beef blade roast (would recommend an eye of round)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn (cracked)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub roast with garlic; press pepper and salt into surface. Place meat on center of buttered foil. Wrap roast. Place on rack in roasting pan. Roast in preheated 375ºF over for 45 minutes for rare or 1 hour for medium rare. Remove foil. Pour meat drippings into a small saucepan. Replace roast on rack. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes at 400ºF (until browned). Boil drippings until reduced to a shiny glaze. Pour glaze over roast before serving. Let roast stand for 20 minutes for easier slicing.
- NOTES : Cook time leaves roast extremely rare. We prefer ours medium - medium well so I cook ours a lot longer. I also then make a slurry of flour, water, salt and pepper and add to the drippings to make a gravy.