This recipe came to me from my husbands family. It was their custom and ours to hide a white nut in the pudding and whomever found the nut received a gift. Usually a box of chocolates for the kids or a bottle of wine for the adults. The game was to keep the nut hidden in your mouth until all the pudding was consumed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan bring the milk and rice to a boil slowly on medium heat.
- 2Simmer until rice is cooked through and not crunchy.
- 3Add vanilla and sugar.
- 4Let cool.
- 5While cooling, whip the cartons of whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- 6When rice has cooled add the whipped cream.
- 7At this time it is customary in our house to add a piece of an almond as well.
- 8Garnish with tangerine sections, shredded chocolate or chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.3
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 47.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 176.5 mg
- Sodium 115.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 42.1 g
- Protein 10.1 g