This is a moist quick bread. You can use any type of berries you like with this. We like blueberries but have use a mixture of berries for this.
- Rinse and drain the berries.
- Remove the stems, set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and spices together.
- In a separate bowl work the butter until soft and creamy. Add the sugar gradually, blending well. Beat the eggs into the mixture and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and the milk alternately, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in fruit.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan (9×5×3) and bake in a preheated 350º oven for 1 hour.