Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From "Simply Delicious"- a cookbook of Herberger's Employee Family Recipes. Submitted by Sara Sadler of St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Measure 1 cup flour into bowl and cut in 1/2 cup butter.
- Sprinkle in 2 tablespoons water and mix with a fork.
- Round into a ball and divide in half.
- Pat dough in 2- 12"x13" strips- Strips should be 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Mix 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup water in saucepan- Bring to a boil.
- Add almond flavoring and remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining flour immediately to keep from lumping.
- When smooth and thick, add one egg at a time and beat.
- Divide in half and spread over pastry.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Frost with powdered sugar frosting of your choice.
good recipe! Add sliced strawberry drizzle on top to make it not so dry. its a quick and easy recipe and tastes great.