Recipe by UnknownChef86
Source: "Baking with Julia"
Top Review by Chef*Lee
This is a wonderful filling!!! The prunes and sugar reduce down to a very sticky, caramel-like consistency. It is very very gooey and sticky but it is water- soluble so it's just a matter of soaking your bowl a little bit after mixing. The flavor is delicious, a very sweet rum-raisin type flavor and very rich. I used this filling for recipe#328858 recipe by DrGaellon. I thought this filling was so good after it had cooled to room temperature, the flavors just got better!! I will definitely make this again, I am thinking it would be great in thumbprint cookies!!! I love Julia Child so I will cherish this recipe, thanks so much for posting!!!!!!!!!!!
- 1 cup pitted prune, packed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Put prunes, water and sugar into a saucepan.
- Heat and simmer until prunes are soft, plumped and have absorbed most of the liquid.
- (Can be done in a Microwave).
- Puree in food processor, transfer to a bowl and stir in lemon juice,vanilla and cinnamon Scrape filling into a small container and cool to room temperature.
- Seal container and chill.
- Will keep refrigerated for two weeks.