Recipe by chia
this is tangy and is great for picnics as it is not mayo based.adapted from bon appetit.
Top Review by FlemishMinx
Very tasty and a nice change from regular mayonnaise potato salad. Only thing I would mention is to perhaps only add as much of the dressing as you need-- my potatoes were swimming at the bottom of the bowl.
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chives or 1⁄2 cup scallion
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caper brine, from the jar
- 1 teaspoon coarse grained Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- boil the potatoes about 15 mniutes, drain and cool.
- peel, if desired, and sliceinto 1/3" slices.
- add to a bowl.
- add chives, parsley and capers.
- combine vinegar, caper liquid and mustard in a small bowl.
- whisk in olive oil.
- pour dressing over potatoes, toss, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- serve at room temperature.