Recipe by PanNan
An original Danish recipe that is really good.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
This salad was OK, but nothing great. The texture of the green beans was kind of off-putting with the mayonnaise dressing and there just wasn't enough to it. I kept wanting to dice some onions or chives into it but refrained as it would be going to far from the intent.
- 3 lbs medium potatoes (about 9 potatoes)
- 12 ounces green beans
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- milk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with water.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain well; cool slightly.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Meanwhile, cut fresh green beans into 1-inch pieces.
- In a covered medium saucepan, cook beans in a small amount of boiling water for 12 to 15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- For dressing, in a large bowl, combine mayonnaise or salad dressing, sour cream, the 2 tablespoons milk, the curry powder, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Gently stir in the potatoes and green beans.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- If necessary, stir in a little additional milk before serving.