Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Traditional liver pate served on open faced sandwiches with mushrooms, bacon and Danish cucumber pickles.
- 453.59 g pork liver (pork liver is great) or 453.59 g calf liver (pork liver is great)
- 283.49 g pork fat
- 1 medium onion
- 3 anchovies
- 59.14 ml flour
- 59.14 ml light cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml allspice
- Put the liver, anchovies, suet & onion through a meat chopper at least 3 times or use a food processor.
- The mixture should be quite fine in the texture. Mix in the flour, cream, eggs, salt, pepper & allspice.
- Spoon the mixture into a buttered loaf pan.
- Put it in a pan of water and bake in a 350F oven for an hour.
- If the pate is browning too quickly place a piece of foil loosely over it. To serve, unmold the pate.
- Serve with fried mushrooms, bacon bits, and [b][Danish White Cucumber Pickles][/recipe] and Danish rye bread.
The recipe and directions do no match. There is no suet in the recipe...
I made this for my elderly Danish MIL. She said it was better than hers. She loves it on her Rye Bread ( a Danish recipe I got from her and make for her ). Thank you Bergy, as my MIL can't make these things for herself anymore it really makes her happy to have it again. And you have helped to put me in the DIL hall of fame!!!
As close as you can get. My cousin, who is at deli chef says it is very close to the recipe he uses in the store. I really enjoyed it. Thank you Bergy.