Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Traditional liver pate served on open faced sandwiches with mushrooms, bacon and Danish cucumber pickles.
- Put the liver, anchovies, suet & onion through a meat chopper at least 3 times or use a food processor.
- The mixture should be quite fine in the texture. Mix in the flour, cream, eggs, salt, pepper & allspice.
- Spoon the mixture into a buttered loaf pan.
- Put it in a pan of water and bake in a 350F oven for an hour.
- If the pate is browning too quickly place a piece of foil loosely over it. To serve, unmold the pate.
- Serve with fried mushrooms, bacon bits, and [b][Danish White Cucumber Pickles][/recipe] and Danish rye bread.