Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Found on the net for the World Tour. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced dill weed or 1 tablespoon parsley
- Place cucumbers in non-reactive bowl. Mix vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over cucumbers.
- Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, at least 3 hours.
- Drain; sprinkle with dill weed.
I used 3 large cucumbers and doubled the other ingredients with the exception of cutting back on the sugar. Added thinly sliced onion as we like pickled onion and it adds to the flavor of the cukes too. This is the easiest and best pickling marinade I have ever made and will continue to use this recipe. I want to try it on beets as soon as I get some. Will have to see if it works on boiled eggs as well. Omited the dill and parsley as the family does not care for it but I personally think it would be tasty. Thanks very much Elmotoo! Terra
Can I give this 25 stars?? This, for me, is the quintessential flavor of summer (along with ripe tomatoes), and this recipe gets the sweet/tangy/salty ratios just right. I made as written with dill and wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for posting--I believe this may go straight to my Best of 2011 cookbook! Made for Veg Swap 35.
Cucumbers at their best, with a nice level of tang verses sweetness. I did not have fresh dill so used 1 teaspoon dry. It is really hard to wait the suggested 3 hours before serving. Made for team Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9 2013