Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tana Ramsay (Gordon's wife) was on ITV's This Morning show today with Fern and Phil and this is one of the recipes she cooked. They looked delicious. I think these would be a popular snack for kids and grownups alike! I'm thinkin you could really dress these up with the addition of some chopped red onion, black olives and hot peppers!
- 300 g stong white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon easy bake yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 ml tepid water
- 4 tablespoons tomato passata
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham or 4 ounces parma ham
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180*C/350*F.
- Put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle and pour in the oil and water. Use a spoon to begin with, stir the liquid around and as the flour slowly collapses into the liquid, mix into the bowl.
- Bring the dough onto a floured surface and begin to knead with your hands. Knead for five minutes and then place into a clean mixing bowl. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for about 40 minutes.
- Once doubled in size remove from the bowl, punch down and then pull the dough into a rectangular shape. Spoon the passata onto the dough, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with the oregano, mozzarella, seasoning and ham. Turn so that the longest side of the rectangle is in front of you and then very carefully roll up like a swiss roll.
- Cut into 12 pieces, approximately 1 cm. thick and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, cut side up. Bake for 25 minutes.
- These would be really good with a tomato dipping sauce on the side, like they have at Pizza hut. Otherwise they'd be great in the school lunch box!