1 hr 5 mins
A very versatile and rich Danish dough. Can be used with almost any filling and formed in any way imaginable including cinnamon rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm milk to 110 degrees.
- 2Sprinkle yeast over milk, let sit for 5 minutes then whisk inches.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla, whisk until just mixed.
- 4Put dry ingredients in food processor and pulse to mix.
- 5Add 3 Tbl of the butter, pulse until butter is well incorporated.
- 6Put dry ingredients in mixing bowl with dough hook, add wet ingredients and knead until just smooth and no dry spots remain.
- 7Don't overknead.
- 8Dough should be slightly wet.
- 9Place dough on lightly floured sheet pan, shape into rough rectangle, dust top with flour, cover with plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 10Roll dough on lightly floured work surface into a 26x13 inch rectangle.
- 11Position so that short side is closest to you.
- 12Butter should be soft enough to spread, but not so soft that it is melting.
- 13Spread butter by hand over lower 2/3 of dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border around side and bottom edges.
- 14Fold upper 1/3 of dough toward the centerof the rectangle, then fold the lower 2/3 over that.
- 15Crimp short edges and seam with your fingers to seal in butter.
- 16Turn dough so that crimped edge is to your right.
- 17Roll dough to a 21x13 inch rectangle, using only enough flour to keep the dough from sticking.
- 18Brush off excess flour.
- 19Fold top 1/3 of dough toward the middle, then lower 2/3 up over that.
- 20Place on sheetpan, cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- 21Repeat this process 3 more times refrigerating for 30 minutes between each turn.
- 22when all turns are complete, place on sheetpan, cover well with plastic and let dough rest overnight in the refrigerator.
- 23At this point dough can be refrigerated for 2 days or frozen for 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Pastry Dough
Serving Size: 1 (2009 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3649.2
- Calories from Fat 1833
- Total Fat 203.7 g
- Saturated Fat 124.6 g
- Cholesterol 708.2 mg
- Sodium 1979.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 387.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.5 g
- Sugars 34.8 g
- Protein 70.0 g