Recipe by Viki Anderson
This butter cookie is a holiday tradition spanning generations in my family. It is simply not Christmas without them.
Top Review by kismet_lee
This is a great basic mix - I tried using chopped almonds, orange and lemon zest with a marmalade filling topped with a few dark chocolate chips -divine! I also tried omitting the nuts altogether and using a drop of Amarula plus a dollop of fig jam - very good! It is great to play around with flavours, just split the dough up into a few different portions and go nuts! Super easy and yummy!
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 325°.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add flour gradually.
- Add pecans and vanilla.
- Dough will be very dry but will form a ball as your hand warms the butter while forming small crescents or "football" shapes.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- When cool, roll in powdered sugar.