Recipe by IAcupcake
This is similar to what my aunt makes, and hers are great! Can't tell the cornflakes are there. She's had to make it half with apple and half with cherry pie filling for the more picky eaters :-)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg yolk, with enough milk to make 2/3 cup
- 4 handfuls corn flakes
- 8 -10 medium apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut shortening into flour and salt. Add egg yolk and milk mixture to form dough.
- Roll out half the dough to cover bottom and sides of 16x10 cookie sheet.
- Crush corn flakes and sprinkle over dough. Peel apples and slice thin over corn flakes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll out remaining dough and seal edges. Beat egg white stiff and brush over crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. When hot out of the oven, drizzle with glaze from from powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.