Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heated vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 8 -10 tart apples, sliced (8 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- Combine flour, salt and shortening.
- Beat egg yolks in measuring cup and add milk to make 2/3 cup liquid.
- Stir into flour mixture.
- Dampen counter top with water then roll out half the dough between wax paper into 17 x 12 inch rectangle; fit into and up side of 15.5 x 10.5 x 1 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with oatmeal, top with apple, combine sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle on top.
- Roll the remaining dough to 15.5 x 10.25; place over apples, seal edges; cut slits in top.
- Beat egg white until frothy; brush on crust.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
darlenes recipe uses 1 cup cornflakes instead and 2 1/2 cup flour and shortening cut into flour your right about good lol thank you for posting this