Happy Hippie's Note:
This sounds so good. This is an allrecipes.com recipe which was submitted by WOLSELEY. Here's the introductory statement: "An Aeggekage is a traditional Danish oven pancake, usually served as a buffet item or as a dessert for a family holiday meal. It is a light, cake-like dish that is not too sweet and absolutely delicious with fresh seasonal berries and fresh whipped cream! (Think of it as a sweetened Yorkshire pudding). Just make sure you serve immediately, this pancake does not do well cold nor is it a good leftover. But chances are you won't have any remaining Aeggekage to worry about!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, and salt until smooth.
- 2Whisk in flour until incorporated, then set mixture aside and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- 4Place butter into a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- 5Place into the preheated oven until it melts.
- 6Brush it all over the insides of the hot dish.
- 7Pour batter into hot baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle with lemon juice, top with berries, and dust with confectioner's sugar.
- 9Serve immediately with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Oven Pancake (Aeggekage)
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 250.5 mg
- Sodium 618.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: