Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This was a regular Sat night dinner served with good crusty bread. It has a heavier texture than a French omelet, more like a frittata. Good for lunch or Brunch I often use slivered ham steak on top instead of the bacon or the streaky pork - just a bit less fat
- 12 ounces streaky pork, thinly sliced or 12 ounces bacon, thickly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- chopped chives
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- Fry the Pork (bacon) until golden brown (crisp).
- Remove from fry pan.
- Pour off half the drippings.
- Mix flour with the milk until smooth.
- Add eggs, Salt& Pepper, Beat well.
- Pour egg mixture into the fry pan.
- Arrange the pork (bacon) and tomatoes on top of the egg mixture.
- Cook for about 10 min, lifting the edges to allow egg mixture to run underneath.
- Cook until the omelette is set but still moist on top.
- Sprinkle with chives& serve.
I thought this was truly delicious! I halved the recipe and left out the tomatoes and it still turned out beautifully. It looks as lovely as it tastes. One note: I do recommend using a very good nonstick pan and to keep the flame rather low so as not to overbrown the bottom.
I lovely quick breakfast I would happily serve to company. Very creamy and flavourful. I scaled down the recipe for 2 servings and it turned out perfect. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Nice & creamy with out the cream a bonus for me. Very easy to make. Next time I will add some chopped parsley to the topping. Thanks for this 'keeper':)