Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Found online; posting for ZWT6 (Scandinavia)
Top Review by dspaulk_13033043
Awesome twist on a favorite classic!!! Very much like wedding cookies, melt in your mouth:) I will add a little cinnamon next time, just because I like how it goes with the oatmeal. Great cookie recipe...Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 -2 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the butter, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, and vanilla until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the flour mixture; gently stir in the oatmeal and pecans and lightly mix until combined.
- With a spoon, drop about 1 scant tablespoon of dough per cookie onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before sprinkling cookies with confectioners' sugar.