Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found online; posting for ZWT6 (Scandinavia)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 -2 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the butter, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, and vanilla until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the flour mixture; gently stir in the oatmeal and pecans and lightly mix until combined.
- With a spoon, drop about 1 scant tablespoon of dough per cookie onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before sprinkling cookies with confectioners' sugar.
Awesome twist on a favorite classic!!! Very much like wedding cookies, melt in your mouth:) I will add a little cinnamon next time, just because I like how it goes with the oatmeal. Great cookie recipe...Thanks for sharing!
If you have read my initial review, disregard it! These cookies are delicious! And they only get better! I already made a second batch. If I had just had a little patience, I would have realized just how good these are. I did use raisins instead of pecans, but I'll bet the pecans are really good. It's just that oatmeal cookies, in my mind, need raisins. And it worked with these cookies. Don't hesitate to make this recipe; you will be rewarded with an excellent cookie. Azparzych, thanks very much for posting this keeper, sorry I jumped the gun . . . Janet
OMG!!! These are to die for!! I made 1/2 of the recipe, big mistake, and followed as written, with the exception of leaving some of the cookies plain (no pecans for DS). Initially, I was a little worried about how they would turn out with using the powdered sugar and not a lot of flour or oats, but have no fear, these turn out beautifully!!! These are not your standard chewy oatmeal raisin cookies, it is more of a butter shortbread and oatmeal combination. They are light and crispy melt in your mouth gems!!! I will be adding these to my Christmas Cookies!! Thanks so much for the recipe. Made for Newest Tag Game.