Recipe by KLHquilts
Best meatloaf EVER! We had this for dinner at a friend's the other night, and couldn't believe how good it was.
Top Review by Tophondo
Very nice meat loaf! I changed the blue cheese to parmesan because my husband don't like blue cheese. Instead of having the onion mixture on top of the loaf we mixed it with the beef. It turned out very juicy and flavorful!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb sausage (any kind, but hot is great)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (Saga brand is good)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and green pepper in butter for five minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of the chili sauce and water and cook for another three minutes.
- Press onion mixture into the bottom of a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients and press on top of onion mixture.
- Bake at 375°F for 1.5 hours.
- When serving, invert meatloaf on a platter so that onion/pepper mixture is on top.