1/2 Photos of Danish Meatballs With Creamy Dill Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
I make this for the "boys" every year during the deer hunt. They talk about it the rest of the year! I like the rich creamy flavor too! This is a little work, but it could easily become a holiday tradition!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground venison or 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork, unseasoned
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Creamy Dill Sauce
- 1In a large bowl mix the meat, salt, pepper, eggs, onion and cream.
- 2(I use my kitchenaid).
- 3With moistened hands (this will be sticky), shape into 1 inch balls.
- 4Roll the meatballs in bread crumbs until well coated.
- 5Arrange in a single layer on shallow baking pans.
- 6Drizzle melted butter over the meatballs.
- 7Bake at 375 degrees, turning 3 or 4 times, until evenly browned, about 35 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, make the sauce:.
- 9Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- 10Whisk in the flour till smooth.
- 11Gradually stir in the chicken broth.
- 12Continue stirring until thickened and bubbly, then blend in sour cream, dill and seasonings.
- 13Place meatballs in a serving dish and cover with the sauce.
- 14Serve over egg noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Meatballs With Creamy Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.5
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 30.5 g
- Cholesterol 246.3 mg
- Sodium 1318.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 32.0 g