Recipe by Acerast
"This is a Copenhagen favorite, often served with marvelous draft beer in the better bars" is how Maria Luisa and Jack Denton Scott describe this salad in their book "A World of Pasta: Unique Pasta Recipes from around the World." Posted for ZWT3
- 1 medium cucumber
- 4 ounces shell pasta, small
- 3 herring fillets, pickled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 scallions, white part only, coarsely chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta al dente, according to package directions, rinse and cool.
- Peel, halve lengthwise and seed cucumber, slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Put pasta, cucumber, herring, scallions, and mushrooms into a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the vinegar, oil and salt, pour over salad ingredients and mix gently.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir the curry powder into the sour cream, pour over salad and mix well.