1/1 Photo of Danish Macaroni Salad With Ham
1 hr 20 mins
This salad is from Sonia Uvezian's "The Book of Salads". It looks delicious, although I've not tried it and am posting it for ZWT3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the macaroni al dente as directed on the package. Drain well and set aside to cool.
- 2In a salad bowl mash the yolks of two of the eggs, reserving the egg whites for another use.
- 3Add the mustard and salt to the yolks.
- 4Gradually mix in the mayonnaise, the fold in the sour cream.
- 5Add the pimiento, ham and cooled macaroni, toss gently but thoroughly.
- 6Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 7Cover and chill at least one hour.
- 8Slice the remaining 2 eggs into rounds.
- 9Place the eggs rounds decoratively on the top of the salad and sprinkle with the parsley or dill.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Macaroni Salad With Ham
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.4
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 233.9 mg
- Sodium 814.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 15.7 g