Recipe by Miss Annie
I use frozen baby limas. They have a light bleu cheese flavor with a crunchy topping.
Top Review by Bergy
I have had this recipe in my "TO DO" pile for ages and finally made it. I am sorry I waited so long, Delicious. The Blue cheese compliments the lima beans. I was a bit skimpy with the buttered crumbs (I cut back from the recipe ) Next time I will listen to you! Thanks Miss Annie for a great Lima Bean recipe
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen baby lima beans
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄3 cup fresh white breadcrumbs (1 or 2 slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans according to package directions, but don't add the salt.
- When beans are tender, drain.
- In small saucepan, heat milk and blue cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Add beans and keep warm.
- Melt butter in small skillet; add bread crumbs and stir over medium heat until bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over beans and serve immediately.