Recipe by breezermom
This is a great recipe for lima beans when you don't want just the normal ones. If at all possible, look for danish blue cheese, which has a slightly milder flavor and is heavily laced with the greenish-blue veins.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Made this as a side dish to dinner. My kids are not celery eaters, so I omitted it, but used 1/4 cup onions. We did enjoy this, as my kids eat anything with onions. This was a nice recipe, and a great use for lima beans. The bleu cheese added a nice twist to this. Tagged and made for 1-2-3 hits.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (preferably Danish blue cheese)
- 1⁄8 cup pimentos, diced and drained
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the lima beans, celery, and onion in amedium saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Return bean mixture to the stove and stir in sour cream and cheese. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until the cheese melts (do not boil). Stir in the pimento. Sprinkle with the bacon. Serve immediately.