Recipe by Delish
This is a likely favorite for pastry lovers. My mom made this now and then as she loves pastries. It isn't difficult to make. Plan ahead because it requires chilling the pastry overnight. You can choose any flavor of fruit preserves that you like. It works out great to serve them for breakfast.
Top Review by gretagrtdn
Being Danish, I can verify that this is NOT Danish Kringle. The whole idea of kringle is that you put a pound of butter on top of your pastry, fold pastry over, cool , roll and repeat. That gives you the light airy flaky pastry that's necessary for this unique dessert.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut butter into flour.
- Mix in sour cream and form into a ball. Cover and chill overnight.
- Cut dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each part on a floured pastry cloth into a 6x12 inch rectangle.
- Put filling in a 2x12 line down the center of the rectangle. Fold outside thirds of the dough over the filling like you are folding a brochure.
- Seal ends and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake on a dark cookie sheet at 375 for 30 minutes or until golden brown. You can bake at a higher temperature for a shorter time if you prefer.