We don't often eat liver, but once in a while we get a craving for some good Danish Liver. The recipe always comes out of the old books. I thought I would share it with you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g veal liver, in thin slices
- 30 g flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 50 g butter
- 2 onions (about 125 gr)
- 4 tomatoes
- 200 g green beans
- 300 ml milk
- curry (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid gravy browner
- potato, for four
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, for decoration on boiled potatoes at serving time
- 1Clean liver and pat dry.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Combine flour and seasoning.
- 4Turn liver slices in flour mix, and fry in the butter (3 minutes on each side).
- 5Remove and keep warm in the serving plate.
- 6Peel onions and slice thinly.
- 7Fry with quartered tomatoes in the leftover butter on the frying pan.
- 8Remove and place on top of liver slices.
- 9Add milk and boil off the pan, taste with salt, pepper and curry (optional).
- 10Add gravy colouring and pour sauce over the liver.
- 11Boil the beans in ligthly salted water until tender.
- 12Arrange beans on top of liver.
- 13Serve boiled potatoes with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish Inn-Keepers Veal Liver-Dish (Krokonens Lever-Fad)
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.2
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 370.9 mg
- Sodium 777.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid gravy browner